Monday, March 11, 2013

Trenton Man is 4 Months!

I have been meaning to write an update on Trenton for awhile, but I have been really bad about it. He turned 4 months on the 1st and is growing very quickly. It amazes me how much he has grown in the past 4 months. He already fits in 6-9month clothes! At birth he was 7lbs 4oz. At his first check up a few days later he was 7lbs. Most babies lose quite a bit of weight in the first little bit, especially babies who nurse because of latching problems. But Trenton was a champ and only lost 4 oz. At 6 weeks old we had to take him to the ER because he was having a hard time breathing and our Dr's office was already closed. He turned out just to have an upper respiratory infection, but he was already up to 11lbs at just 6 weeks. At his 2 month appt he was over 12lbs. He was in the 64th percentile for his head, 65th for his height and 67th for his weight. Just recently at his 4 month appt he was 16lbs 1 oz and 25 inches long. I think his head was 15 or 16 cm. His weight was in the 75th percentile, height was 51st, and head was 43rd. It AMAZED me that his head was only in the 43rd, not that I think he has an abnormally large head, but I have the HARDEST time getting so many of his shirts/onsies over his head. Anyway, as you can see, he is a little chunky monkey and we love it! He has chubby cheeks and thighs and it is so cute! At his appt the Dr asked how he was sleeping and I told him he usually sleeps through the night (has been since 2 1/2 months) but the past 2 nights he had been fussy all night. He went to see if he was teething early and noticed that the skin under his tongue (you know the line of skin connecting your tongue to the bottom of your mouth) was extra long. He asked if he had any problems eating and then kind of laughed at himself and said well besides gaining weight. I told him he was a bit of a messy eater but nothing else. He then said that he might have  a few problems with talking when he got older. He asked if we just wanted to do a little tiny snip to prevent any future problems and I said sure, but boy did it bleed A LOT. I felt so bad for Trenton. I finally was getting him to where it was soft sobs instead of screaming crying when the nurses came in and gave him shots. It was so sad! I finally got him calm after about 15 minutes (by the way he did awesome with his 2 months shot, only cried for about 2 minutes. I think there was just too much hurting going on this time).

I feel like Trenton is kind of skipping a step in his life because he is almost sitting up and he's teething, but he isn't rolling! Oh and the Dr never told me if he was teething or not because he got distracted by the whole tongue snipping thing, but last Monday I looked in his mouth and saw those poor swollen little gums. Anyway, like I said, he isn't rolling. He is actually able to because he does it when he is tired, but when he is happy and on the ground playing he shows no desire to roll over. I don't mind though because I am scared for him to become mobile. I like the staying still phase!

Ben and I love Trenton so much! He is the cutest little thing ever. He has the happiest smile, the cutest laugh, and he is generally a pretty chill kid. He loves anything that moves, such as the t.v., cars out the window, our fish tank,ceiling fans,and anything that lights up. His two favorite toys both light up and play music. My sister-in-law, Sara, let us borrow a play chair/exersaucer without the saucer type thing and he LOVES it! Every time I put him in it he gets a huge smile on his face and looks so proud of himself for being able to be up and looking around all by himself. His favorite is the mirror. He will stare at himself for minutes and when I call his name he will look up and give a huge smile, then look right back down at himself.

He has the cutest laugh and I love that he is starting to laugh more! It's awesome. He is also starting to use his hands more and you can tell when he is tired when he wants to cuddle and then play with your hand. He still loves his daddy more than anything and gets a huge smile whenever Ben gets home from work/school. I wish I had videos of his huge smile and his cute laugh, but whenever I get the Ipod out or the camera out to take pictures he gets interested in the device I am holding and stops smiling/laughing. Well I will try to be better at keeping up with this thing, but I can't promise anything :)

The Easter outfit Ben's mom got him. She doesn't like the hat, but Ben does.
 
Tummy time! He is a champ at it!

Who doesn't love a baby in their bath towel?

This picture is a few weeks old, but I just love how he snuggles with his blankie. It is so cute!

I put this picture up on Facebook already, but it is my all time favorite picture. He was talking (yelling and gagaing) for a long time telling Ben a story. Cutest thing ever!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment