Wednesday, February 6, 2013


Christmas was a lot of fun. We had my parents and my sister, Marissa, and her whole family at our house. Sleeping arrangements were a little tight, but we made it work no problem and we had a lot of fun. My mom arrived on Thursday afternoon and Marissa's family arrived on Friday night. We stayed up talking for a little bit on Friday, but not too long. Saturday we woke up, relaxed, played Wii, and did lots of crafts. Sunday we went to church, watched Christmas videos, and made Snoopy gingerbread houses while watching "Charlie Brown's Christmas". I didn't get any pictures of it, but boy were they COVERED in red frosting. It was great. Monday was Christmas Eve and that was when my Dad was going to be getting into town, but with the weather he didn't get here till late afternoon/early evening. While we waited for him we got all bundled up and went to the church parking lot for some fun. We tied a big tube to the back of Ben's car and pulled people around on it. Kalei (Marissa's daughter) was kinda bored because we had to be careful with her and had more fun making snow angels, but the two boys, Brayden and Tavita, had a blast! My mom has a video of it on her facebook, but I don't know how to get it from facebook to here. If you are friends with my mom then you can go to her videos and watch because it was hilarious. Brayden was yelling "Ahhh we're gonna die!!" (He was of course enjoying every second of it even though he "thought" they were gonna die). Christmas Eve night we acted out the nativity scene (an Orme family tradition). I thought I had gotten the pics of it off of my Dad's camera, but I guess I missed those ones and only got Christmas and the day after Christmas, so I will have to describe it to you. Trenton was baby Jesus, Kalei was Mary, Brayden was Joseph, Ben was the Donkey, Marissa, Tavita, and I were the three wise men, Junior was a Sheppard, and Taiven was the angel (Ben also turned into the angel holder after he was done being the Donkey). It usually is only kids that act it out, but since we were low on children we had to call on the next generation while Grandma watched and enjoyed and Grandpa read the story. It was a lot of fun. We then sang Christmas Carols (another tradition) and had some dessert. Then we wrote letters to Santa, left him out some cookies, and then went to bed. The next morning we actually had to wake up some of the kids because Ben had to be at work by 8:30. Cousin love while waiting to go down stairs
Waiting on Grandpa and Uncle Junior to take pictures of the before
The before
The during
The after
That afternoon when Ben got home from work we decided to go sledding. Now Rexburg doesn't have very many hills to go sledding on and the one good one was up on campus. Well BYU oh so very kindly decided to do construction on that hill so it is no more :(. We ended up going to a basin/field by our old apartment. The hill was not very big at all but it still ended up being a lot of fun because we were able to do a lot of crazy things and no one got hurt. Even Taiven was able to go down!
Mommy and Taiven
The day after Christmas we got to bless our handsome baby boy! It was the day that we would be able to get the most amount of people up here. We did it at the church even though it wasn't Sunday (we weren't about to try and squeeze even more people into our house). Ben did an awesome job on the blessing. I love that Trenton has a Priesthood holder to look up to just like I did. The men who did the blessing
Cousins (Taiven on right and Carter one left)
The cute little guy
Mom & Dad
Grandmas & Grandpas
The next day Marissa's family left and the day after my parents left. It was a lot of fun having them up here since I don't get to see my family too often!

No comments:

Post a Comment