Sunday, March 8, 2015

Presenting Arianna Jean Fawcett (Almost 5 months late...)



Arianna Jean Fawcett was born on October 14th at 2:52 in the morning. She was 6lbs 13oz and 19 1/2 in long. She was 2 weeks early and other than my mom not being here, I was so glad she came when she did. I was getting maybe 2 hours of sleep at night. I had been having random contractions for quite a few weeks and I started timing them a few times, but it was never the real deal till about 7 or 8pm on the 13th.  We went to the hospital around 10:45. Was officially admitted at around 11:45. Had my epidural in an hour later and bedded down for what I thought would be another long process like Trenton was. My nurse was Noell, one of my best friends from high school! It was pretty fun. I was dilated to a 5 when I was officially admitted so I thought I had quite some time. At 1:30 I was at a 10! Holy bajoly that was way faster than Trenton...like 12 hours faster. They broke my water and had me lay sideways on a peanut pillow because she was slightly transverse (sideways) and a little while later, once she started turning the right way, called the doctor to come in. I started pushing at 2:40 and she made her entrance at 2:52. I would be 100% ok if all my labors decided to be that easy. The perfect experience would be to have the pregnancy that I had with Trenton and the labor I did with Arianna.

 For those of you that don't know, Trenton has a stuffed giraffe that he is obsessed with so Ben's parents got Arianna this giraffe for fun :)

  




Unfortunately anyone under the age of 18 was banned from the hospital at the time because of all the illness that was going around (and even more unfortunate the ban was lifted a few hours after Trenton went down to Ben's parents.) So Trenton didn't get to see Arianna in the hospital and had to wait until the next day when we got home. But when he got to see her he was so excited. Now almost 5 months later he still loves her and loves to help take care of her. Sometimes he wants to help too much and Arianna ends up getting hurt, but at least he doesn't resent her or anything. Plus she will be a tough cookie having to put up with Trenton's craziness and love of wrestling :)


Arianna was born a great sleeper. After her first feeding she slept for 8 hours, woke up and ate, then slept for another 8 hours. She didn't stay that awesome of a sleeper, but she was still pretty good. Since getting over her colic (oi that was a long month) she has become pretty awesome again. She sleeps from about 8:30 pm to 6:30am. It varies obviously since she is a baby, but in general it is pretty nice :) She has really struggled with naps, but is getting a lot better. I also figure since she is so awesome at night, I can handle the cat naps she takes.

We were lucky enough to get a free photo session when Arianna was about a week and a half old. They turned out really well for someone who was just starting their photography business!












Arianna loves to smile and laugh, Daddy of course gets the best laughs. She took longer to smile than Trenton, but was laughing right after she started smiling. Actually she has been laughing in her sleep since she was born, it is pretty cute. Another thing she loves is her tongue! She has a super long tongue and she has played with it since day one. She also loves to scratch things in order to feel them. Most babies put things in their mouth, she scratches them instead. We all love her and her cuteness. She has brought a lot of love into our home and we are so grateful for her. And I can't believe she is already almost 5 months! Here are some random pictures over the last few months.

Halloween


Christmas








More blogs to come:
Blessing day
Favorite times of 2014 (since I didn't blog this year...my bad!)
Mini vacation to West Yellowstone



No comments:

Post a Comment