Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Our Fantastical Vacation

On September 5th we started our vacation by going to the East Idaho State Fair. In case you didn't know this is a HUGE thing. People come from all over to this thing. It was a lot of fun and we got to hang out with Ben's family which we hadn't done in awhile. One thing Ben and I really really wanna buy from the fair and we planned to do it this year, but we had to spend $100 on a new car battery for Ben's car, is a temple picture from these people who have AWESOME pictures. This isn't necessarily the one we want to buy, but it's the only picture I can find online and it is still really pretty We then spent the night at Ben's parents house cause the fair is 10-15 minutes away from there house, plus it was an hour closer to our 10 hour drive ahead of us. We woke up and were on the road by 7:30 and stopped in Provo to hang out with my brother Tyler and meet his then unofficial fiance and now official fiance. She's a cute girl and really nice. They are getting married in December. Hope she's ready to be married into the Orme family cause she hasn't met most of us and only my parents via skype, but that is enough to get to know how weird we are I guess. Haha jk. Anyway so we then continued our long drive down to Las Vegas. We got there and we were DYING with how hot it was. How I used to live in that kind of weather, I do not know, but being pregnant probably didn't help. We stayed there for 2 nights and were able to walk around on the strip. It was not Ben's favorite place in the world, but I think the heat had a huge thing to do with it and he wasn't able to see it at night when it looks really cool, but we were too tired to go out at night. Then on Saturday morning we were able to get on a plane to my lovely home, Hawaii. I didn't realize how much I missed it till I went back. My parents were kind enough to pay our tickets out there in exchange for us painting there garage. (I know I broke a huge pregnancy rule of not painting while pregnant, but I looked it up and there is no proven side effects of it people just assume that the fumes are not good for you. But I was outside in Hawaii where it is very breezy and it was water based and it's not like paint has lead in it anymore. So I figured it was fine.) So after a week of work and a little play we got the garage done and had the next week all for playing. On Sunday one of my good friends was kind enough to do a maternity shoot for me and I LOVED the pictures. Here are some of my favorites. If you live in Hawaii and you need a photographer go to this girl, http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jennifer-Lemalu-Photography/474270945925075 cause she is fantastic. Then on Monday we were able to go to the PCC(Polynesian Cultural Center) for free thanks to a wonderful old man in our ward who has worked there I think since it opened. It was Ben's first time and we had a lot of fun. I forced him to get one of the tattoos in the Maori village cause you can't go to PCC for your first time and not get one. Haha. But here are some pics of the occassion (I am really bad at remembering to take picture or being creative with pictures so there are not too many pics from our vacation so enjoy these. haha.) Ben really enjoyed the whole thing, so did I, I just have been there multiple times before. The rest of the week we just chilled and enjoyed being on vacation. We went to the beach and Ben went "snorkeling". He just used goggles and went by the edge of the reef to look for fish. Like I said earlier I am bad at taking pics so I don't have any pictures. Sorry. Hopefully once baby comes I will get better at taking pictures :) Another thing Ben got to experience was a Kahuku football game. It was a lot of fun and we of course crushed the other team. Ben also discovered his new favorite food, a loco moco. I told him I would make them for him once I learned how to make good gravy. But he LOVED them and wanted one every day. haha. Then on the 21st we sadly had to come back home to real life :( We landed in vegas at 11 pm and didn't get on the road till midnight and then we drove straight through till Rexburg. It is a 10 hr drive. We were up for 25 hrs and 18 hrs were spent driving with me having a 30 min namd and Ben have a 1 hr and 30 min nap, but Ben did most of the driving. When we got home we slept...a lot. haha. Then the next morning Ben went back to work and I went to church and got called to teach CTR 7. Now we are just waiting for the baby to come!! Only 30 more days! Kind of insane but very exciting thought that we could be parents very soon, but we are hoping he holds off till my mom comes on the 25th.

No comments:

Post a Comment